Sunday, April 10, 2005

so close, so close

Ok, I give. Can anyone tell me how to keep the the blog title from displaying right across my nice, new header graphic? I tried taking the title out completely, but Blogger wouldn't let me save it that way. I tried taking out entire sections of code in the template that had the word title in them, but still no luck. I tried stealing the code out of Stef's header ('cause you have a really nice header Stef) and all it did was make the title display in a different font. I went into settings and clicked "show title -- no" and that took the title bar away from my posting window. Argh.

I was sooo close. I jumped through Shaw's five kerbillion hoops to set up hosting access, got cuteFTP running smoothly and now here, right at the end of things I'm stymied. I hope I don't have to hand in my subscription to Wired for this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

issachar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
issachar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
issachar said...

I suspect that it's set to put your title there in your template. I think the name of your template is Rounders4. A friend of mine has a blog that uses Rounders3 that doesn't have that problem, but the sample on the blog still wrong. So I think you want to do a custom edit of your template. If you want you can e-mail me a copy of your template as it is and I'll see what I can do. I don't know what most of the stuff in the blogger templates mean, but I'd love to figure it out. (Or at least try).

ps- That bug in blogger that's causing it to ignore the closing tags whenever I try to put in links is really annoying...

westcoastloon said...

Thanks for the offer! I was all set to send you the template and then Rob's suggestion worked. Here's his hack:

One thing you can try it to comment it out by placing a < ! - - in front of it and a - - > after it. Everything inside those are comments and not read by the browser (like the line that says < ! - - Blog Header - - >

Thanks for all the imput,
Claire

westcoastloon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
issachar said...

sweet. It looks nice.

the salmon said...

you obviously got it sorted out by now and the header looks awesome! did you do that yourself? great job!