Sunday, October 16, 2005

chocolate nirvana

I have a new favourite chocolaterie. Today at the Westcoast Chocolate Festival I had opportunity to sample ChocolaTas. I think I might be ruined for life. Maitre Chocolatier Wim Tas started his business "looking for something that was more than 'good', something excellent". I think it's fair to say that he has succeeded.


The chocolates are infused with everything you can imagine and a few things you might not have thought of yet -- lavender, rooibos tea, pepper. Sampling them was more like a wine tasting than anything else. "Take a small bite" Tim suggested "and then take a moment to smell the chocolate." I did, and the man knows what he's talking about. The chocolates are works of art. When I purchased a box I was asked if I have a wine cellar as it is better suited to proper storage than a fridge (which is apparently too cold.) Somehow I doubt I that storage is going to be a problem :)

These are undoubtedly top drawer confections, but surprisingly they work out to about the same price as Purdy's. Check out the site and treat yourself. Believe me, it's worth it. Chocolate nirvana is just a mouthful away.

No comments: