Monday, June 12, 2006

slipping into summer

All the season finales are over. I've got 4 or 5 months to wait before I find out if Meredith with choose McDreamy or the vet or if George will ever get what he deserves. In the meantime I've been enjoying the absence. Tonight I sat in the living room working a New York Times crossword puzzle (although it's a Monday so it hardly counts) while Ceone sampled the world music offerings on iTunes. It's quiet and not quiet and I like it that way.

We headed down to the beach for sushi and gelato tonight. There's something undeniably summery about that. (And wonderfully Vancouver-ish about Japanese and Italian cuisine side by side and hand in hand.) I'm still wondering who the wedding couple are in the photo above the register at Dolce Gelato. One of these days I'll have to get around to asking Davide. He seems like an approachable guy I'm sure he won't mind. He's always smiling when we come in. Maybe if you spend your days surrounded by that much gelato there's a lot to smile about.

I can feel myself slipping into summer. Kendra's classes are winding down. I am jealous, again, of the weeks of rest she has ahead even though I know because I've witnessed it that she has already paid for each hour in the sun. There are a few long nights ahead for her. But it's almost summer. Almost. There's a new tank of gas under the barbecue, the flower beds have been weeded and are waiting. My parents will be here in just a few weeks. I have no idea how it can be time already, but I'm slipping into summer. I can feel it.

2 comments:

DAve and JAnie said...

Summer is taking its time reaching winnipeg. I am all ready, but the sunshine is not. Soon though, and then i will regret wishing for hot hot days.
The mail fairy came today! Thank you for the lovely things. I sent a letter in the mail for you this morning.
Speaking of fairies, did the "real simple email" fairy visit your inbox? You should be receiving some lovely magazines in no time!
Oh, baby is waking, which means meal time for her, and Gilmore Girl time for me! I am waiting for season 6 to come out on dvd and then i can watch it and wait for season 7 in fall. OOOOH, i love that show.
Take it easy.
Love janie

Anonymous said...

Summer's been here in Orlando for awhile now. We have the "too hot to be outside" type of weather, until September.

And Meredith better choose the Vet! But she probably won't.