Wednesday, August 27, 2008

PNE - a phone pics blog

For the first time ever, I went to the PNE without my usual posse. I missed you guys. And don't worry, I didn't eat corn dogs without you. Or wiggle chips. But I did have a caramel apple and . . .well maybe we shouldn't get into that. Anyway, I didn't feel like lugging the big camera around with me so I shot the day on my phone. Needless to say, images that look pretty great on a 2" screen lose a little in translation, but you'll get the basic idea.

I headed down to Vancouver with Lynnette and Terri from work, and Lynnette's friend Denise. We drove around for-EVER looking for parking. We should have known better, it was a beautiful day and we waited until mid afternoon to head down. Fortunately we were saved by the siren call of "you need parking?" and an offer to pay to park in some lady's driveway. The PNE has many traditions.

First pic of of a house close to where Denise lives. This is a porch I dream of spending a summer on.

First order of business, was of course, to eat. So here's Denise & Lynnette and myself & Terri fueling up for the day ahead.


After snacks Lynnette mentioned that she had never seen the Eukanuba Superdogs! So we had to fix that. Turns out, now they're the Iams Superdogs and the show was not nearly as good as last year. Unfortunately the cheese-o-rama MC (and his jokes) remained the same. Still it's glowy lights and hyper dogs, fun for a minute or two. GIVE US THE WHIPPET!!!!! <-- that was for Denise.

The PNE was packed. This photo hardly does it justice. If you don't like crowds, stay away from the PNE when the sun is shining.

In the evening we met up with some more friends from work to rock out 80s style at the free Glass Tiger concert. After a little iTunes research I determined that I knew precisely two Glass Tiger songs, "Someday" and "Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)". But that's so not the point. Kim & Angie were there with Matia (fondly known to all as Boo). Kim was determined to practice his little girl's mad drumming skillz. Someday we'll be rocking out at a Boo concert, I just know it. DRUM SOLO!!!
Here's Barb in her last week as an intern, sitting with Terri & me on the end at the concert. Not long after this I discovered that I actually know THREE GT songs. Who knew "My Town" was one of theirs?

This pic just happened. I had my finger on the shutter and they hit the lights on stage. Can you feel the 80s vibe? Fortunately, I felt no urge to feather my bangs, load up on jelly bracelets or wear neon. There are definite advantages to staying sober.
All in all, it was a good day. Even without a corn dog (Shannon's home made 'dogs may have ruined me for those. MMMmmm fresh corn dogs.)

No comments: